Switzerland, the most innovative country in the world with one of the largest financial sectors per capita, is still waiting for its first real FinTech unicorn. The number of swiss FinTech startups has increased sixfold since 2016 and is now making up 10% of European FinTech enterprises. But we are still waiting for a breakthrough. What is holding them back?
At our first FinTech panel discussion, we will try to answer this question by having a look at the current status of FinTech innovation and the opportunities for disruption. Thereby we will primarily focus on two subtopics:
- Crypto & Blockchain: Switzerland has established itself as an attractive destination, with Crypto Valley in Zug as one of the leading locations in the field. But which innovative ideas will really be disruptive, and how do we ensure that those Swiss startups take off?
- Financing Innovation: Securing funding is one of the most important elements for a Startup. But it is still costly and time-consuming. Which innovative solutions could simplify this process? ICOs, funding platforms, VC securitisation or something new?
- 19.00: Start
- 19.00 – 19.10: Intro by moderators
- 19.10 – 19.30: Short Intro by each panelist
- 19.30 – 20.15: Panel discussion
- 20.15 – 20.30: Q&A
- 20.30 – 22.00: Get together with Apéro